I am a Postdoctoral Research Fellow at the University of Technology Sydney in the Australian Research Centre in Complementary and Integrative Medicine, Faculty of Health and an Industry Fellow in the Institute of Sustainable Futures at the University of Technology Sydney.
I have two areas of research interest. The first is health psychology including health care behaviours and decision-making, and communication in health care, with a special interest in complementary and integrative medicine. My second area of research is in environmental psychology, which includes the intersection between urban environments and human and planetary health, and psychosocial impacts from environmental change. My program of research draws on psychological theory and complex systems thinking to explore the intersection of these topic areas to promote health and wellbeing.
I live in the world heritage listed Blue Mountains (Australia) with my partner Martin and dogs Winnie and Spike. I am a music lover who collects vinyl and has a passion for live music. I also love all things vintage (especially 1920s to 1960s), sewing, reading, and spending time in nature.
- Doctor of Philosophy (Psychology), Charles Sturt University
- Bachelor of Social Science (Psychology) (Honours), Charles Sturt University
- Bachelor of Health Science, University of New England
- Diploma of Botanical Medicine, Australasian College of Natural Therapies
- Certificate in Graphic Design, Randwick TAFE
- Australian Psychological Society (APS)
- Public Health Association of Australia (PHAA)
- Australian and New Zealand Mental Health Association (ANZMHA)
- Planetary Health Alliance (PHA)
- Naturopaths and Herbalists Association of Australia (NHAA) (Fellow)